Accordance with legislation
The College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHBC) collects, uses, and discloses personal information in accordance with BC’s Health Professions Act (HPA), Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), and other applicable legislation.
The Registrar & Chief Executive Officer is ultimately accountable for CSHBC’s compliance with FIPPA and other applicable legislation. If you have questions about the College’s collection, use, and disclosure of personal information, please contact the Registrar at email@example.com or 604.742.6380.
Purposes for collecting information
CSHBC collects personal information from registrants, and where applicable uses and discloses that information, for the following purposes:
- To meet the College’s duty to serve and protect the public under section 16 of the HPA.
- To consider and assess applications for registration under section 20 of the HPA and Division B of the CSHBC Bylaws.
- To maintain a Public Register of registrants, as required by section 21(2) of the HPA.
- To administer and implement the College’s Quality Assurance & Professional Practice program under sections 26.1 and 26.2 of the HPA and Division C of the CSHBC Bylaws.
- To investigate and dispose of complaints against registrants under Part 3 of the HPA and Division C of the CSHBC Bylaws.
- To comply with the procedures and requirements of the Health Professions Review Board, and participate in proceedings before the Review Board, under Part 4.2 of the HPA.
- To collect health human resources and personal information for the Ministry of Health under section 52.2 of the HPA.
- To perform criminal record checks on registrants, as required by section 13 of the BC Criminal Records Review Act.
This list is not exhaustive. There may be other situations where CSHBC collects, uses, and discloses personal information.
CSHBC collects statistics generated by the CSHBC website. The statistics provide data on web traffic on the CSHBC website. While the statistics include the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that visit the website, CSHBC makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting the site.
While viewing portions of the CSHBC website, small data files called “cookies” may be stored on your browser to assist you when returning to a specific page or section on the site. If you have concerns about cookies, you can configure your web browser settings to not accept cookies or to display warning messages.
Accuracy of registrant information
CSHBC makes every effort to ensure that personal information provided by registrants is accurate and complete. Any registrant who believes there is an error or omission in their information may request that it be corrected.
Personal information collected by CSHBC is stored in Canada. The College uses reasonable security measures to ensure that any personal information collected is stored safely, that unauthorized persons do not have access to that information, and that personal information is disposed of when there is no longer a valid purpose for its retention.
Changes to Privacy page
CSHBC may change content on this Privacy page at any time without notice. If the changes are significant, we will provide a prominent notice, including email notification if appropriate.